This is the temperature sensor based on chip DS18B20 consisting of a waterproof probe and long wire shape, which is perfect for immersive temperature detectionor detectingg something far away.
The DS18B20 provides 9 to 12-bit (configurable) temperature readings over a 1-Wire interface, so that only one wire (and ground) needs to be connected from a central microprocessor.
The original one includes three wires inside，we adjusted it into a 3-pinconnector so that you can use it simply with Makeblock Me Adapter.
(there is no soldering required to connect to our Me BaseBoard just like below picture).
please note that while the sensor is good up to 125°C, the cable which is jacketed in PVC will be damaged easily, so we suggest keeping it under 100°C.
• Uses 1-Wire interface- requires only one digital pin for communication
• Stainless steel tube 6mm diameter by 35mm long
• Arduino library for easy programming
Probe is 6mm in diameter and roughly 50mm long. Overall length (including wire) is 0.5 meter
Power supply: 3.0V to 5.5V
Wide temperature range: -55°C to +125°c
High accuracy: ±0.5°C( -10°C to +85°C)
The Me Temperature Sensor module is a metal tube thermometer with DS18B20 detector.
Featuring strong anti-interference ability and high accuracy, it is covered with waterproof rubber hose outside and able to measure temperature in the range -55°C to +125°c. It can be
connected to the RJ25 Adapter module which is then connected to Makeblock Orion for temperature measurement.
● Operating voltage: 5V DC
● Sensor type: DS18B20
● Temperature range: -55°C to +125°c
● Control mode: Single bus port
● Dimension: 900 x 6 x 6mm
● 9~12 bits A/D conversion accuracy
● High precision: ±0.5°c (-10°c~+85°c)
● Probe diameter 6 mm, length 900 mm approximately, total length 1 m (including line)
● Short time delay in temperature conversion, maximum 750ms
● Support multi-point networking
● Perfect waterproof property
● Support mBlock GUI programming, and applicable to users of all ages